GIS Specialist I
Dallas Central Appraisal District
- Are you looking to develop your geographical awareness and pursue your passion for understanding the world around you?
- Come join our GIS team at one of the premier Appraisal Districts in Texas!
- As a member of a very hands-on GIS group, your work gets noticed.
- Experience the immediate results of your impact on the tax aspect of GIS.
- Great learning opportunity, excellent benefits, awesome work-life balance!
for performing complex research from various source documents, and then
digitizing and compiling the database necessary to maintain plats and
ownership records for property splits and new additions.
- Expertise in the use of ArcGIS application software, specifically parcel editing.
- Ability to work with geographic information system technology and its inter-relationship to property tax appraisal.
- Understanding of legal descriptions in conveyance documents and assessor plats.
- Knowledge of standardized engineering drafting techniques, trigonometry and descriptive/coordinate geometry.
bachelor degree in GIS. In certain circumstances GIS, or related field
or a technical degree in drafting, surveying and/or geographic
information systems with at least three years of related experience or
equivalent combination may be considered.
- Knowledge of ESRI suite and/or ArcGIS products preferred.
and MENTAL ABILITIES: The position requires the ability to concentrate
on assigned tasks and the ability to manage time effectively in order to
meet production and quality objectives. Incumbent must be able to
operate office equipment including computers (keyboard and touch) and
calculators. Incumbent must be able to communicate clearly on the
telephone and face to face, including the ability to ask questions that
will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
The salary range is $32,000 to $49,305 based on experience. Interested
candidates must fill out an application located at www.dallascad.org
under Employment Opportunities and submit to email@example.com.
The DCAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer