HANDS ON LEARNING LAB
The Hands-on Learning Lab (HOLL) is a training resource provided and developed by Esri Training Services. The Lab is an excellent way to introduce ArcGIS users to a variety of Esri software solutions and training opportunities while learning to use Esri software. The best part is that it is FREE with conference registration!!!
Attendees will be able to sign up for lessons during HOLL hours Wednesday April 1st, 2020 – 1pm – 5pm & Thursday April 2nd, 2020 - 8:30am – 5pm
The HOLL consists of a group of laptops with headphones where students can work through lessons at their own pace. A lesson consists of a recorded presentation followed by a hands-on exercise. Each lesson typically takes about 45 to one hour to complete and students can generally come and go as they please. An Education Services instructor will be on hand to assist users with questions.
The lesson topic choices are updated on a schedule matching the Esri software release schedule in order to provide new and up-to-date content.
Esri® Hands-On Learning Lab LESSON SUMMARIES
1. Getting Started with GIS Product: ArcGIS® Pro Summary: Learn basic geographic information system (GIS) concepts using ArcGIS Online to access and use public GIS content, create and manage an online map, and work with analysis tools.
2. Learning the Fundamentals of ArcMap™ Product: ArcMap Summary: Practice common GIS tasks including data management, display, analysis, and map layout using the Esri ArcMap application.
3. Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Explore common GIS workflows using Esri ArcGIS Pro including mapping, editing, geoprocessing, and creating visualizations using simultaneous 2D and 3D layouts.
4. Storing Data in the Geodatabase Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Master the Esri geodatabase data model. Topics include geodatabase structure, feature classes, subtypes, relationship classes, and topologies.
5. Constructing Points from Address Data Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Locate customer locations and map efficient delivery routes by using feature classes.
6. Importing CAD Data Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Convert computer-aided design (CAD) datasets into features stored in the Esri geodatabase model.
7. Spatial Reference and Data Alignment Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Verify that both the geographic coordinate system (GCS) and the projected coordinate system (PCS) of your data are correct.
8. Editing GIS Data Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Use the ArcGIS Pro tools on the Edit tab to create and modify features stored in a geodatabase.
9. Maintaining Land Records Using Parcel Fabric Product: ArcMap Summary: Examine the parcel fabric data model and editing environment.
10. Modeling Transportation Networks Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Compare how the various ArcGIS Network Analyst network solvers resolve transportation problems based on a variety of considerations.
11. Performing Image Classification Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Experience using the Image Classification Wizard to assign classes to the pixels in a remotely sensed image.
12. Finding the Best Location Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Utilize cell-based raster data to find the most appropriate space to locate a vineyard.
13. Examining Patterns in Your Data Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Apply ArcGIS spatial analysis tools to examine both the data distributions and patterns in the spread of dengue fever over a six-week span in Pennathur, India.
14. Displaying Data in 3D Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Become familiar with both creating and visualizing 3D data in ArcGIS Pro.
15. Creating Maps for Presentation Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Acquire the skills to produce presentation-quality maps, using basic cartographic design principles.
16. Sharing GIS Content Using ArcGIS Online Product: ArcGIS Online Summary: Explore ArcGIS Online workflows for creating online data, performing visual analysis, configuring a web map, and sharing the results.
17. Generating Custom Web Applications Product: ArcGIS apps Summary: Create and configure web maps using both web app templates and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
18. Telling Your Story with Story Maps Product: ArcGIS apps Summary: Inform, engage, and inspire people with a story that is told by combining maps with narrative text, images, and multimedia.
19. Performing Analysis with ModelBuilder Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Automate and document your spatial analysis and data management processes using a visual programming language.
20. Using Tasks in ArcGIS Pro Product: ArcGIS Pro Summary: Configure a set of steps that guides the user through a workflow or process in support of best-practice workflows and efficiency.
21. Automating Workflows Using Python Product: ArcGIS Developer Subscription Summary: Explore the Python scripting language and its usefulness for automating ArcGIS Pro workflows.
22. Using Business Analyst Web Product: ArcGIS apps Summary: Combine demographic, consumer, and business data to perform on-demand analysis and create presentation-ready reports and maps.
23. Discovering Patterns Using Insights for ArcGIS Product: ArcGIS apps Summary: Learn to use Insights for ArcGIS to explore data, discover patterns, and derive insights.
24. Monitoring Activity Using Operations Dashboard Product: ArcGIS apps Summary: Display multiple views that work together on a single screen. Dashboards offer a comprehensive and engaging view of your data to provide key insight for at-a-glance decision-making.
Copyright © 2018 Esri. All rights reserved. Esri, the Esri globe logo, ArcGIS, ArcMap, and The Science of Where are trademarks, service marks,or registered marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products or services mentioned herein may be trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of their respective mark owners. G262201