You are cordially invited to the Unmanned Aircraft System Technology Education Consortium (UASTEC) Lunch and learn UAS Seminar. The seminar will give industry-business, community leaders and educators a glimpse of what is happening regarding the FAA and UAS developments. We are will share new developments as they pertain to UAS operations and information concerning the National Science Foundation (NSF) – Advanced Technology Education (ATE) grant funded UASTEC program recipients’ Del Mar College (DMC), Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi (TAMUCC) and the Lone Star Unmanned Aircraft Systems Center (LSUASC).
Registration Link: http://utsa.ecenterdirect.com/events?centerid=6.
Limited Seating, so please register for this no cost seminar ASAP.
Attatched Event Flyer : http://utsa.ecenterdirect.com/documents/B2A3EC96-3F23-475A-96E8-7DA6A84047E7
As we have in the past with other grant funded geospatial technology programs (GeoTech-NGTC, NISGTC, GIS-Tech), we hope to again foster a cooperative and collaborative working relationship between URISA and the UASTEC. You and/or your representatives are cordially invited register and attend at no-cost to you, UASTEC hosted UAS Lunch & Learn Seminar August 17th. See attached flyer for registration information.
This public no cost UASTEC event seminar is cohosted by Del Mar College (DMC), Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi (TAMUCC), the Lone Star Unmanned Aircraft Systems Center (LSUASC and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). Lunch is provided for those that preregister online. Registration is required. Any questions please contact John Nelson and/or SBDC (361) 698-1021.
DRONES What to Know Before You Fly: For Business, Industry and Education Applications
- Lunch and Learn Seminar - Know Before You Fly
Learn the Proper Use of Drones (UAS) for Fun and Profit. The use of UASs (Unmanned Aircraft Systems), commonly known as drones, is growing for business and industry, as well as hobby and leisure activities. This seminar introduces community
Members to important aspects of UAS operations, including capabilities, restrictions and safety. The seminar will cover various drone types, applications and “rules of the air” FAA regulations.
Del Mar College, CED 106: 3209 S. Staples (Across from Ray H.S.)
Date & Time:
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016 (11am – 1:00pm)
- 11:00am: Doors open – Lunch provided (Funded by DMC – WFD)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Presentation
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm: Q&A with panel of presenters and special guests
PRESENTATION TITLES –
- Keynote: “Take Flight South TX - Introduction to UAV’s / Drones” (Jerry Hendrix –LSUASCE)
- “UAV / Drone Capabilities and Uses for Fun & Profit” (John Nelson – DMC)
- “Platforms & Sensors - Selecting the Appropriate UAV/Drone Platforms & Soft-wares for Your Needs” (Dr. Michael Starek –TAMUCC)
- “ Introduction to UAV / Drone Laws & Regulations for Industry, Commercial, Education and the General Public Use” (Dr. David Bridges - TAMUCC)
- “Closing Remarks: Follow-on Workshops and Courses” (Dr. Phil Davis - DMC)
Always Keeping it Geospatial
John J Nelson, M.S.,GISP,
GISC Faculty | GIS Analyst | Project Director | Research Associate
Del Mar College Department of Computer Science-Engineering-Advanced Technology
Geographic Information System & Cartography - Geospatial Technology Program
Unmanned Aircraft Systems Technology Education Consortium (UASTEC).
101 Baldwin, VB 153 | Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Visiting Lecturer, Geosciences –Geographic Information Systems
Department of Physics & Geosciences
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
127 Manning Hall |Kingsville, TX.
tel:361.698.1478 main | tel:361.698.1475 direct| tel:361.698.1479 fax| tel:361.244.0442 mobile