Job Position: GIS Specialist
Company Name: Wildwood Environmental Credit Company
Company Location: Tyler, TX
The GIS Specialist will support Wildwood’s staff in the management and development of compensatory mitigation banks throughout the United States, in particular Texas. These projects provide for the ecological restoration and perpetual long-term stewardship of tens of thousands of acres of degraded rural land. Regulatory permitting of these projects takes several years, implementation two to three, maintenance and monitoring five to ten, and perpetual stewardship. GIS and remote sensing skills are critical to the identification, development, implementation, and management of these projects.
Start Date: Flexible
Location: Tyler, Texas
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Monthly salary, retirement plan, cash bonuses
Required Experience: Bachelor’s in GIS, spatial science, forestry, biology, or related field.
- Project Due Diligence Support (30%) – Work in close collaboration with others.
o Supporting staff in the evaluation of new projects
o Lead development of GIS and data for new and potential projects
- Permitting Support (30%) - Every project begins with a standard set of maps and analysis that are updated as the project evolves.
o Map production / maintenance of standard map sets for report submittals
o Assisting in report production and data analysis
o Georeferencing historic aerial photography
- Field Services Support (25%) – Staff gather baseline data & develop restoration plans.
o Preparation / post-processing of GIS data into and out of ArcGIS Online and Field Maps
o Assisting in field data collection and post-processing
o Management of field data collection equipment (GPS, tablets, etc)
o Work with field staff to develop field to office workflows using the ESRI software suite
- Systems Maintenance & Development (15%)
o Organization and maintenance of existing datasets
o Collaborating with staff to train and assist in deployment of workflows and templates
o Development of map, database, and project templates
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Pro & the ESRI software suite (Field Maps, Survey 123, ArcGIS Online)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Data / File Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work in collaboration with others from various fields and levels of experience in GIS.
- Familiarity in working with LiDAR and generating elevation surfaces from point data
- Familiarity with wetland delineations and functional assessments
- Training budget / professional growth/skills planning
- Opportunity to assist field personnel in data collection (wetland delineations, stream design, construction oversight, etc)
- Opportunity to participate on the prescribed fire crew
Submit Resumes or Questions to: