Senior GIS Analyst
Town of Flower Mound, TX
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
Department: Administrative Services
Division: Information Technology
Interfaces with various Town departments in the collection of and incorporation into Geographical Information System (GIS), updates maps and all related data, performs data analysis, creates applications and programs, and assists with quality assurance of GIS.
- Provide data interpretation, cartography, data analysis, experimental design and capturing data for conversion into GIS usable formats.
- Work with other departments under GIS Manager’s direction, with 3rd party software requirements.
- Oversees the inclusion of third party data into GIS; performs data conversion and data organization for data entry into the system.
- Updates GIS programming, analytical functions, and related technologies (Internet/Intranet mapping, Databases/SDE).
- Create models and scripts to automate work flows to move data into and out of GIS.
- Oversees the collection of data for input into GIS; performs data entry, conversion, and organization for inclusion into the system.
- Completes and supervises GPS data collection; compiles, rectifies and enters into the GIS database, reviews for quality assurance.
- Analyzes and performs quality checks on all GIS data; Perform system analysis to ensure integrity of GIS.
- Analyzes data to generate effective reports, maps, and other technical documents.
- Utilizes SQL databases to import/export data in GIS.
- Provides information on GIS data, hardware, and software including instruction on GPS. Responds to mapping and information requests by Town employees, citizens, private companies, and other governmental agencies, as required.
- Utilizes programming to simplify GIS functions; performs various calculations and computations using the GIS.
- Creates applications and models as needed by users.
- Researches, imports and interprets engineering construction plans, plats, legal metes and bounds descriptions and various mapped information; extracts relevant information for data inclusion into GIS.
- Performs GIS analysis; digitizes, edits, and maintains ArcGIS and other geodatabases.
- Digitizes base maps; provides technical support to GIS users; plots maps; maintains computer-based data and records.
- Troubleshoot technical problems, research and resolve issues.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other GIS staff as directed by GIS Manager.
- Adheres to departmental, personnel, and safety policies and procedures.
- Attends regional meetings as required.
- Keep work order details and up to date with the latest status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, or a related GIS field is required.
- Must possess a Texas driver’s license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience using ESRI software.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree and experience, must have five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience using ESRI software and be familiar with current software versions.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must have a general working knowledge of current ESRI software and related extensions in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of current versions of Azteca Cityworks, Microsoft SQL Server, ArcObjects, ArcPad, Visual Basic, and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Knowledge of current versions of spreadsheets, word processing, database, and graphics software.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System concepts, design methods, procedures, techniques and methodology; modern and complex principles and practices of record keeping; algebra, geometry, and statistics as applied to routine GIS computations.
- This position requires a person who is able to multi-task and has a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, work well in a team-based environment and maintain a high-degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Skill in operating and properly utilizing a variety of office equipment including plotter, computers, peripheral equipment and printers.
- Must maintain a current knowledge of GIS procedures; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must make sound decisions using good judgment.
- Be able to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- To perform essential functions of the job must be able to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Operate various office equipment, push, pull and/or lift equipment and supplies, and lift, carry up to 30 pounds.
HIPAA COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:
All employees who have access to health information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule must have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/flowermoundtx/jobs/2409394/