Technical Support Internship
DATE REQUIRED: Immediately
Formed in 1986, Azteca Systems, LLC. initially provided GIS/IT consulting and geodata conversion and development. In 1996, the company turned its full attention to Cityworks, the world’s first GIS-centric management solution for public works, utilities, and local government. Based on the principal of utilizing the geodatabase as the asset inventory for the work management system, this unique approach is not only cost effective, but efficient and powerful in achieving goals and leveraging the client’s investment in GIS.
Cityworks is a GIS-centric enterprise management tool available in conjunction with Esri’s ArcGIS Server, as well as with most other platform offerings and extension to ArcGIS. Cityworks supports the ability to create and track permits, cases, licenses, service requests, work orders, and inspections and tests while also managing the tasks and resources (labor, material, and equipment) associated with a maintenance activity. Cityworks is fully integrated with Esri’s leading GIS technology, Microsoft Office, and Crystal Reports.
Cityworks®–Azteca Systems, LLC functions efficiently and effectively under the leadership of the corporate President and CEO. The company is made up of six teams: Administration, Sales, Marketing, Enterprise Solutions, Client and Information Services, and Product Development. The Dallas office is managed by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. The intern will report directly to the Office Manager, who in turn reports to the CEO. The intern will provide support and customer relations with existing clients. Cityworks is a Platinum Partner of Esri and has over 500 licensed organizations throughout the world.
· The intern will work closely with the customer support lead in learning and development of skills with the use of the Cityworks software.
· Market focus in municipal/local government, public works, utility districts, community development, and related segments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Assist customer support with client issues.
· Develop the ability to troubleshoot and demonstrate the Cityworks solution.
· Develop and maintain core product knowledge.
· Other duties as required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE DESCRIPTION
· Ability to patiently and confidently communicate technical information.
· Exceptional troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Esri GIS knowledge and experience, preferably ArcGIS Server, required.
· Self-starter with a strong need for achievement.
· Enjoys the challenge of being a significant part of a growing, developing organization.
· Effective time management and decision-making capabilities.
· Knowledge of leading database systems (Oracle and/or SQL Server) is a plus.
· Knowledge or experience of city government management practices, including asset management, customer service, permitting, licensing, or contract services is a plus.
PERSONALITY TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS
· Friendly personality.
· A high level of ethics, professionalism, and confidence.
· Excellent customer service skills with a “can-do” attitude and an extremely strong drive.
· A strong work ethic with the ability to work independently.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to a group.
· Senior in a bachelors program or GIS certificate program.
· Recent graduate with a BS/BA in civil engineering, GIS, geography, IT or a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
· Hourly Pay.
· This position will provide marketable experience
This position does not require travel.
Please Send Resume To:
Vice President | Sales and Marketing